About the Role
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing business with a great company culture under an inspiring and supportive sales management team. We are looking for a Sydney based Business Development Manager of a 'hunter' profile to take ownership of the front-line sales of SmartFreight® and Sales Growth in the Sydney and surrounding NSW marketplace.
The role is that of a highly visible one, both within SmartFreight® and to the external market. Support will come from the NSW based National Business Development Manager, the Management team and a network of colleagues, both in Australia and globally. Your number one goal is to develop, generate and convert leads.
You are also required to proactively account manage, through developing relationships with your allocated portfolio of customers.
- You will be an Australian citizen or resident.
- You will be a proven solution sales professional, ideally with a background in transport, freight and/or transport logistics.
- You will need to display a proven sales history against definitive but realistic sales targets.
- You will need to be able to have the ability to work autonomously with tenacity and resilience, these are highly desirable traits.
- An excellent command of the English language in both verbal and written formats
- Senior level Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must have. You will be required to manage your accounts and sales activities through a CRM.
- You will need to provide your own motor vehicle and mobile phone which are compensated in the remuneration structure on offer.
- You will be available to travel within Australia when requested to do so.
- Your extensive networking within the NSW business community will stand you in good stead. Further to this, connections to wholesale and distribution companies as well as supply chain and logistics providers would also be an advantage.
- You are familiar with the use of Skype, Viber and LinkedIn as communication tools of the trade.
- Genuinely be the master of your own destiny through result driven practices.
- Work with a dynamic group of like-minded professionals
- Work from home once training completed.
- For the successful applicant, a total remuneration package, inclusive of motor vehicle/phone allowance, superannuation, commission and other benefits will be over $110k per annum.
Posted on: 27/02/2017