At a Glance
Australian Fine China has been in existence since 1927. Originally established as a manufacturing company, it continued to produce chinaware in its Perth factory until 2006, when it relocated to a warehousing and distribution facility, with production now in China, UAE, Luxembourg and Germany. Chinaware, glassware and cutlery items are sold wholesale and retail (approx 1300 sku’s) both within Australia and worldwide. Total annual freight spend is approximately $350k.
“Firstly the SmartFreight® implementation was totally incident free. The previous operation had been mainly a manual process, but with assistance and guidance from local SmartFreight® staff, the transition went very smoothly, in large part due to the simplicity of the system. The multicarrier aspect of SmartFreight® excels in the production of compliant carrier documentation with labels being clear, precise and well formatted. Having the ability to quickly check on previous despatches by date, volume, delivery address has allowed for a better response to customer service department enquiries thus freeing up valuable resources. With many hundreds of despatches shipped weekly SmartFreight® is more than capable of meeting the demand for a ten fold increase. Personally I believe any company would find immediate and continuing benefits by using SmartFreight® to control all aspects of their transport requirements.”
Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Australian Fine China
94 Pilbara Street, Welshpool, Perth, WA 6106
Australian Fine China
Increased despatch efficiencies and major freight cost reductions across all carriers
- To eliminate completely the manual process of processing and despatching freight
- A future proofed Transport Management System being user friendly, robust and cost effective
- Ability to provide customers with accurate freight quotations in a timely fashion
- Increased customer service response times to accurately answer clients enquiries on freight movements through Proof Of Delivery
SmartFreight® focusing on carrier selection, compliancy, transperancy, ease of use and electronic trading with all transport providers
- One system compliant with all major transport carriers.
- Significant freight cost savings through time efficiencies, accurate carrier data, and robustness of system
- Instant access to carriers freight tracking facilities direct through SmartFreight®instant search function.
- Automatic ASN (Advanced Shipping Notice) email sent to customer advising impending delivery by carrier connote number and link to carriers website
- Proper allocation of freight to appointed transport carriers achieved
- Ability to add carriers and agreed rates to system with zero downtime