About the Role
Reporting to the National Technical Manager, we are seeking a Melbourne based Technical Manager to take ownership of the front line, localised technical support of our business in the Melbourne and surrounding Victorian marketplace.
The role is that of a highly-visible one, both within the company and to the external market. Support will come from the National Technical Manager and a network of colleagues both in Australia and globally. Put simply, your brief is to install and make go-live new SmartFreight® solutions, support existing customers as required and develop a relationship and work closely with the Victorian state Sales Manager for the harmonious management of our Victorian client base. As importantly, proactively manage, through developing relationships, with your allocated portfolio of local customers.
- You will be an Australian citizen or resident.
- You will be a proven IT professional
- Experience in IT within the transport, freight and or transport logistics would be viewed favourably
- You will need to display a proven diversity of IT technologies.
- You will need to be able to have the ability to work autonomously with tenacity and resilience, these are highly desirable traits.
- You will have an excellent command of the English language in both verbal and written formats
- You will need to provide your own motor vehicle and mobile phone which are compensated in the remuneration structure on offer.
- You may be an ABN registered individual or sole trader – either of which can be accommodated and you are most welcome to apply.
- You will need to be able to travel within Australia for initial and ongoing training
- Specifically, you must be able to display or prove a solid background in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Networking Technologies
- Printer Support
- Software Support
- Be familiar with the use of Skype, TeamViewer and LinkedIn as communication tools of the trade.
- Genuinely be the master of your own career destiny through result driven practices.
- Work with a dynamic group of like-minded professionals
- Work from home or serviced offices as required.
- A competitive remuneration package including salary, car and mobile phone allowance, client retention bonus, commission on sales made, profit share and superannuation contributions.
Applications for this position close 5pm AEST, Friday the 22nd of September 2017.
To apply for this unique role, email an applicable cover letter and current curriculum vitae to TechMgrRole@au.smartfreight.com
Note – only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Posted on: 12/09/2017