About the Company
Headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with offices in New Zealand, South Africa, UK, and Ireland, for 20 years now, the IFS Group of Companies has provided market leading Transport Management Software Systems (TMS) to some of the world’s leading organisations. IFS presently processes over £325 million p.a. of freight spend across its 16,000+ software users and processes in excess of 72 million individual items of freight each year. With IFS’s extensive suite of shipping software (SmartFreight®) products, alliance partners, and access to hundreds of transport providers, IFS is able to deliver efficiencies and savings to its clients that are the envy of our industry.
Your new role will see you join our UK based team of committed professionals and will fully utilize your level 1 technical expertise within a busy technical support desk environment supporting a diverse range of existing customers in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Support related telephone calls and emails from customers.
- Taking ownership of customer technical queries and manage these from inception to completion using the technical tools available to you.
- Communicating technical advice to customers in an easy to understand format.
- As required, escalate more complex technical challenges to senior technical team members.
- As the front line of support, deliver the ultimate customer service experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- You will be an authorised UK citizen or resident.
- Be a qualified or equivalently qualified level 1 technical support person.
- Be prepared to enter into an intensive and ongoing training program upon commencement of the role.
- Be prepared to work harmoniously with a diverse group of highly motivated colleagues.
- Be able to display excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Technical Experience desired include but is not isolated to:
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- IT customer service experience
- Have used TeamViewer or similar technical support tool previously
Nice to have skills or experience would include:
- A background in transport or logistics.
- A background in warehousing or outward goods dispatch processes.
This position is a full time role with an immediate start. A competitive remuneration package will be the reward for the successful applicant.
If so, please email your CV and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Posted on: 27/02/2017