Ideally the successful applicant will have a background in transport, courier, or the logistics industry. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with our customers.
Support will come from the South African based Sales Director and a network of colleagues both in South Africa and globally. Training will be provided to the successful applicant to ensure you have the very best opportunity to excel in this role.
- A proven sales history
- Be a highly disciplined, self-driven individual
- Ability to operate autonomously to reach targets
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Capitalise lead generation opportunities through the creation and development of relationships with strategic alliance partners
- Present sales, revenue, and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Ethical behaviour. Candidate must respect confidential information
Nice to Have
- Some experience and understanding of the courier/logistics market
- Experience in developing customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Own driver’s license and vehicle
- Tertiary qualification in business, sales or relevant field OR 3+ years in sales
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
Sound like you?
If so, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted directly
Smartfreight® made its name in the early 1990s, in Australia, by providing a generic multi-carrier freight dispatch system, SmartFreight®, which has resulted in the company becoming the undisputed market leaders in the various countries within which it now operates.
They have always taken the view that the supply chain industry is built upon close inter-related partnerships between shippers, customers, freight carriers, freight consultants and software providers whether that be a Transport Management System (TMS)® such as SmartFreight® or an ERP/WMS solution. In that vein SmartFreight® have forged extremely robust and long term strategic alliances to streamline the supply chain for their clients and partners.
Posted on: 27/03/2018