At a Glance
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries on six continents through approximately 7,900 points of sale, including more than 2,100 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 21,200 people worldwide of whom approximately 12,500 are located in Gemopolis, Thailand, where the company manufactures its jewellery. Pandora is publicly listed on the NASDAQ Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2016, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 20.3 billion (approximately EUR 2.7 billion).
What a Pandora representative says about SmartFreight®:
"The SmartFreight® Enterprise solution has been an excellent multi-carrier transport application for Pandora. The interface is user friendly and has liberated us from the confines and complexities of a single carrier provider. We’re now able to least-cost the routes with our chosen carriers to ensure we are implementing the most economic and cost-effective method of despatch. Through working with SmartFreight®, we have also delivered a high level of consumer experience by distributing automated ASN’s with a unique tracking link, so our customers can track and trace the real-time milestones of their parcels through a customised Pandora Portal. Overall, we are extremely pleased with our strategic partnership with SmartFreight® and what we have already accomplished together between our organisations. SmartFreight® strives to deliver a customised solution to us and we are excited about the developments we have in-flight within the innovations space."
Phuong Pham - Project Manager, Logistics & Operations Development
Greater savings through proper despatching and electronic management of all freight
- Increase customer service response times to accurately answer client enquiries on freight movements
- Leverage greater savings and obtain better service levels from freight vendors
- Accurate and seamless freight vendor invoice reconciliation at the end of billing cycles
- Keep software programs to a minimum to avoid complexity
- Minimise freight charges by estimating costs accurately and offer our customers the service of delivering their orders at the lowest cost
SmartFreight® Enterprise using the following Modules: Invoice Reconciliation, DIFOT Tracking and Receiver Email (ASN) Notification
- Cost savings through least cost routing and accurate cost estimation
- Detailed reports which also provide live tracking and invoice reconciliation
- Full integration with Pandora's ERP system
- Automatic ASN (Advanced Shipping Notice) email sent to customer advising impending delivery by carrier connote number
- One system compliant with all major transport carriers. Significant freight cost savings through time efficiencies, accurate carrier data, and robustness of system
- Bi-directional interface with Pandora's ERP system with the ability to on-charge freight costs to our store network accurately
- Value added services such as Time Sensitive Freight to be auto booked via the system rather than warehouse personnel